Ahead of the first leg clash at Stamford Bridge Jose Mourinho, classless manager of classless Chelsea, has once again let his bitterness rise to the fore. I do wonder sometimes if Chelsea fans actually cringe when he opens his mouth? Maybe not. Most of them probably started supporting them when Roman rode in to town, and Arsenal hit their barren spell.
Jose was at it again today managing to fit the following topics in to his press conference:
– that there were no goals in the semi-final 2 years ago (yawn yawn – foul – red card – penalty).
– that Liverpool compared to Chelsea are not a big club
– that Liverpool have only played 3 games in 2007 compared to Chelsea’s 27
– that although Chelsea have 55-60 points more than us in 3 years he said we are favourites for the tie
– that he ‘doesn’t do statistics’ (see above)
– that Liverpool will set out to get most of Chelsea’s players booked and we will run round trying to get Drogba suspended.
If it wasn’t for the fact his team is full of thugs (and a fat pie-eater) then they wouldn’t all be on yellows would they?
Benitez refused to get involved in this usual diatribe merely suggesting that with regards to the bookings maybe Jose knows his own tricks best. We all remember Gudjohnnsen’s dive to get Xabi Alonso suspended for the second leg.
The word from Chelsea seems to suggest that Abramovich is tired of Mourinho’s rants in particular, which only serve to constantly undermine the achievements his club have made.
Let’s hope we get some really dodgy decisions in our favour, a couple of goals that ‘don’t cross the line’ and there are 11 Chelsea bookings. He might just explode up his own backside.